LONDON (AFP) - A lawyer for Sienna Miller said Saturday the actress has not dropped legal action over phone-hacking claims against Britain's News of the World, despite the tabloid's offer of compensation.
Rupert Murdoch's News International, which publishes the paper, on Friday offered an "unreserved apology" for phone-hacking, admitted liability in some cases brought against the newspaper and said it would set up a compensation fund.
Miller was believed to be one of those offered a settlement from the fund, reportedly worth around £20 million.
But her lawyer Mark Thomson said the star had been the victim of "outrageous violations of her privacy" and was considering her next steps against the weekly tabloid.
"Sienna's claims are based on outrageous violations of her privacy; her voice mails were persistently hacked and the information obtained was used to publish numerous intrusive articles over a period of a year," he said in a statement.
"She is awaiting information and disclosure from the News of the World which has been ordered by the court and will consider her next steps once this is provided...........