Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Led Zeppelin trio back in studio


BBC

Led Zeppelin musicians Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham have been working on new material.

Drummer Bonham told a radio station in Detroit that the songs could be destined for a new Led Zeppelin album.

Writing new material has been "on the cards" since the band's one-off reunion show in London last December, he told 94.7 WCSX.

But lead singer Robert Plant has not been involved in any of the sessions, he added.

'Phenomenal thing'

"At the moment, all I know is I have the great pleasure to go and jam with the two guys and start work on some material," he said.

"When I get there [in the studio] I never ask any questions. If I get a phone call to go and play, I enjoy every moment of it.

"Whatever it ends up as, to ever get a chance to jam with two people like that, it is a phenomenal thing for me. It's my life. It's what I've dreamed about doing."

He added: "Lots of politics [would need to] get ironed out [before an album could be made]."

Led Zeppelin played their first concert in 19 years in front of nearly 20,000 fans at London's 02 arena in December.

Their two-hour set opened with Good Times Bad Times - the first track of their debut album.

Original band members Page, Plant and Jones were joined on stage by Jason Bonham - the son of their late drummer John.

No comments: