Monday, February 28, 2005

This is why "The Bush" likes to Pollute, gives the GOP more Voters

Lower IQ levels linked to mercury exposure in the womb costs the United States $8.7 billion a year in lost earnings potential, according to a study released Monday by researchers at a New York hospital.

The Mount Sinai Center for Children's Health and the Environment combined a number of previous studies to determine hundreds of thousands of babies are born every year with lower IQ associated with mercury exposure.

Using work examining the effects of lead exposure on IQ, researchers determined that even a 1.6 point drop in IQ could cost a person $31,800 in lifetime earnings because of missed educational opportunities or jobs. ... Mount Sinai released its findings in hopes of influencing the debate over legislation before Congress, known as Clear Skies, that would change how the government regulates emissions from power plants and other sources.

Link

6 comments:

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Fascinating blog. I loved the site you did a good
job on it, I will be back! I surf the net for blog
like this one.
Look who checking out my temporary staffing
blog?

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Irresistible blog. I look for blogs like this one
when time allows me to. I enjoyed the site and I'll
check it next time!
Hey son, you need to check out my pharmacy jobs
blog!

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Creative blog. I just kept looking at it over and
over! Im always looking for blogs like this!
Check out my medical staffing
blog, you won't be sorry!

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Unbelievable blog. I can hardly wait to vist this
site again.I'm consistently looking up blogs like
this.
Go and find my michigan pharmacy jobs
blog.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Great blog. I surf the web looking for blogs like
this. Your site was on point and will be back again!
Please consider looking at my pharmacy jobs
blog.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Fine blog. I found your site suitable for another
visit! And when I'm able to surf the web, I look for
blogs as great as your work.
Once you sign on, check for my pharmacy jobs
blog.