Monday, February 28, 2005

"The Bush" is using the Social Security Administration for Propaganda

A group of Democrat House members, led by the party’s House leader Nancy Pelosi, released a report today that they say shows how the Social Security Administration has modified its communications strategy to undermine public confidence in Social Security.

An example they presented was "The Future of Social Security" booklet -- which used to begin: "Will Social Security be there for you? Absolutely." It now begins: "Social Security must change."


The report, based on a review of over 4,000 pages of Social Security documents from 1995 to 2005, reveals that the agency has systematically altered agency publications, press releases, PowerPoint presentations, website content, and even its annual statements to foster the impression that Social Security is "unsustainable" and "must change," they say in a news release.

The agency's new pessimistic tone and emphasis echo President Bush's warnings about the future of Social Security, it added. Cont.

6 comments:

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Great blog.  I just like the site and I will get a
visit again! In my spare time I usually try and look
for blogs just as neat as yours.
I wish I was like you, but I'll go and peep your staffing services
blog.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Great blog.  I just like the site and I will get a
visit again! In my spare time I usually try and look
for blogs just as neat as yours.
Please discover my michigan staffing
blog.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

I look for blogs as great as your work. Fine
blog. I found your site suitable for another visit!
It may look like it was hard work, but my michigan pharmacy jobs
blog was simple.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Astonshing blog. I relished in the site and you
know I will be going to it again! Surfing the internet
hepls me to find blogs that arfe just as good.
My medical staffing
blog, is something you need to peep out!

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Fascinating blog. I loved the site you did a good
job on it, I will be back! I surf the net for blog
like this one.
I know that you love my work so, look up my pharmacy employement
blog.

oklahoma pharmacy jobs0f said...

Terrific blog. I search the internet everytime I
get a moment to find blogs. Its better than cold iced
tea and I have to visit it one more time!
Jump into my mail order pharmacy jobs
blog.