Friday, September 21, 2007

MIT Student Arrested For Fake Bomb At Logan

(AP) BOSTON An MIT student has been arrested at gunpoint after allegedly walking into Logan International Airport with a fake bomb strapped to her chest this morning.

State police say 19-year-old Star Simpson, a sophomore from Hawaii, had a computer circuit board, wiring and a putty that later turned out to be Play-Doh in plain view over a black hooded sweatshirt she was wearing.


Star Simpson's MIT Profile page:
<br />Star Simpson<br />







In a word: Star.


In a sentence, I'm an inventor, artist, engineer, and student, I love to build things and I love crazy ideas.


In a paragraph; I'm currently studying computers and how they work at
MIT. I play at a student-run machine shop called MITERS. Before that, I lived for a long time in Hawaii, while traveling the world and saving the planet from evil villains with my delivered-just-in-time gadgets.

You too can fill my email lint-trap - stars at mit dot edu




I got to feel the power and speed of the Wrightspeed X1 - fastest street legal car on the planet, after Bugatti's Veyron, and entirely electric.









George Lange took these pictures of me and my friends at MITERS:






No comments: