Top Ten Most Interesting "Family Jewels"
Released by the CIA to the National Security Archive, June
1) Journalist surveillance - operation CELOTEX I-II (pp. 26-30)
3) Watergate burglar and former CIA operative E. Howard Hunt requests a lock picker (p. 107)
4) CIA Science and Technology Directorate Chief Carl Duckett "thinks the Director would be ill-advised to say he is acquainted with this program" (Sidney Gottlieb's drug experiments) (p. 213)5) MHCHAOS documents (investigating foreign support for domestic U.S. dissent) reflecting Agency employee resentment against participation (p. 326)
6) Plan to poison Congo leader Patrice Lumumba (p. 464)7) Report of detention of Soviet defector Yuriy Nosenko (p. 522)
10) CIA counter-intelligence official James J. Angleton and issue of training foreign police in bomb-making, sabotage, etc. (pp. 599-603)
Plus a bonus "Jewel": Warrantless wiretapping by CIA's Division D (pp.533-539)