Thursday, January 24, 2013

Rep. Paul Broun Says Obama Upholds ‘Soviet’ Constitution; Nation Sighs & Rolls Eyes

Georgia Rep. Paul Broun allowed a torrent of raw stupid to tumble out of his mouth again this week, so let’s look at what this paragon of Americanism said this time. On Tuesday, Broun told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution
“I think my role is to uphold support and defend our Constitution…The Constitution I uphold and defend is the one I carry in my pocket all the time, the U.S. Constitution. I don’t know what Constitution that other members of Congress uphold, but it’s not this one. I think the only Constitution that Barack Obama upholds is the Soviet constitution, not this one. He has no concept of this one, though he claimed to be a constitutional lawyer.”
It’s sort of cute that he thinks he can be more inflammatory than, say, Michele Bachmann, who set the bar for questioning the loyalty of the Democrat Party way back in 2008, but we imagine that for Broun, brainless hyperbole about the President’s loyalty is just one of his job duties, to keep Teabag Nation fed. READ MORE »

No comments: