Friday, July 13, 2007

Maybe He was Doing research ....

Florida lawmaker plans to fight prostitution charge

A Republican state lawmaker charged with offering to perform oral sex for $20 on an undercover male police officer vowed Thursday to defend himself in court and said he would not resign from office.

"I am filing a not guilty plea. I am vigorously going to fight this," State Rep. Bob Allen, a co-chair of Republican presidential candidate John McCain's campaign in Florida, said at a news conference. "I am not resigning my office because the people elected me and want me to do a good job. I am going to do a good job for them in finishing this term."

Allen called his arrest "an ugly and unpleasant situation that has been thrust on me and my family." The lawmaker had sponsored a failed bill that would have tightened the state's prohibition on public sex....

No comments: