Thursday, June 30, 2005

Taking Aim At Soros Is Hardly Politic

WP

By Sally Jenkins
Wednesday, June 29, 2005; Page E01

Some Republican lawmakers don't think George Soros should be permitted to purchase a Major League Baseball team because he's too liberal and he has some wacky notions. I must have been napping, and that's why I missed the part where we became a country in which Democrats are no longer allowed to buy things.

If lawmakers start banning people from owning ballclubs just because of their politics or because they have a few woo-woo ideas, there are going to be a lot of shuttered ballparks. Anybody who tries to say that MLB owners should meet a certain standard of political correctness will get knocked back on their butts every time by two simple words: Marge Schott.

It was all right for Schott, the racist collector of Nazi memorabilia, to own a baseball team for years, but it's not for Soros, the billion-dollar philanthropist and Nobel Prize nominee?

5 comments:

Julian Silvain said...

Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for something esle, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.

If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about mens male enhancement reviews. It pretty much covers mens male enhancement reviews and other similar topics available.

Tim said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a motley chemical swimming pool site. It pretty much covers
##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)motley chemical swimming pool

harvey said...

I nice blog I have one too Horse racing tips galorehorse racing photo

Get-A-Free-House said...

How would you like to own a custom-built house at a 42% to 100% discount? Find out how today by visiting Get-A-Free-House.com

freestuff2 said...

Hey I was just blog surfing amd I found your blog! Looks Great!

I also have a plane ticket to russia
It deals mostly with plane ticket to russia plus other stuff,
You can save up to 50% your next flight!

You should check it out if you get a chance!!