Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Air Force captain’s son admits Guilt in Okinawa rape case

NAHA, Okinawa Kevin Parks admitted in Naha District Court on Tuesday that he beat and raped an Okinawa City sex shop employee Oct. 1, but his reasons were never clear.

Parks, 22, the son of an Air Force captain, gave a three-judge panel several accounts of what happened early that morning.

“In my mind I was doing a good thing for God,” Parks said when asked if he was guilty. “But I had the devil’s voice in my head. I didn’t believe in my heart and faith in Jesus Christ that it was rape. I just meant to scare her.”

Prosecutor Katsuhiko Iwana said Parks, who lived with his mother, stepfather and three step-siblings on Kadena Air Base, asked for sex with another prostitute earlier that night but she turned him down when he said he had no cash.

That’s when he went to a business called Shampoo in the Misato entertainment district, where he struck a 22-year-old Japanese woman in the head several times with a beer bottle, Iwana said. Parks then punched the woman in the face, choked her, forced his hand into her mouth to stop her from screaming, threw her on a bed and raped her, Iwana said......

No comments: